Asian Influence Chicken Skewers
With Ginger, Garlic, and Apricot
- 2 Large Chicken Breasts (partially frozen (easier to cut) in cubes)
- 8 Bamboo Skewers (soak in water 5 min) or metal skewers
(Use short skewers or cut after putting chicken on for less chicken and more of an appetizer portion if you want to serve them as an appetizer or small bite)
For dry Marinade or seasoning
- 1/2 T Garlic powder
- 2 tsp. Onion Powder
- Kosher Salt to taste
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper to Taste
- 1/2 T Paprika
- 1/2 T Parsley
- Fresh Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme
- 1 T sesame oil
- 1/2 C Apricot Preserves
- 1 1/2 T. Honey
- 7 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 t ground ginger (or 4-5 Tablespoon fresh grated garlic)
(If using fresh garlic root freeze it ahead of time and peel with a spoon then grate frozen remaining root can be kept frozen for further use)
- 3 t soy sauce
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- Kosher salt to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
(If you like a little heat with your sweet add a touch of pepper flakes)
1. Season/Marinade your chicken cubes in spices and herbs and sesame oil by sprinkling on top and mixing put in fridge to soak while preparing your skewers.
2. Soak Bamboo Skewers in water for at least 5 minutes to prevent them from burning. Then put the Seasoned chicken cubes on the skewers. I tend to sprinkle a little more seasoning on the skewers at this point but optional.
3. Cover and place chicken in the fridge to marinade for at least 2 hours. (Can go longer just gives spices a chance to infuse into the chicken) remove from fridge 10 min before cooking to allow chicken to rest.
4. While you wait put all the sauce ingredients in a medium pan over low heat and stir until sell blended. Cook sauce for 2-3 min longer. Can turn off heat and reheat on low right before serving. (Usually when I put the chicken on the grill)
5. Cook chicken skewers on a hot grill for 3-5 min per side (I use a Blackstone grill or my indoor cast iron grill pan). Check the meat to make sure no pink inside or check with a meat thermometer in the largest chunk. (Temp 165F to 170 F).
6. Just prior to serving spoon hot sauce over skewers and serve.
Please use our Amazon link: https://amzn.to/3pLt5Ah NEW MERCH - https://brazen-brits.creator-spring.com/ http://www.Instagram.com/BrazenBrits http://www.Facebook.com/BrazenBrits http://www.Twitter.com/BrazenBrits https://www.BrazenBrits.com https://ko-fi.com/BrazenBrits